I've been working with workingenv.py and zope a bit. It offers a very nice fashion of working with zope(constrains python and setuptools to operating in a restricted environment).

there are some lumps.

you have to call the --home flag when creating the environment. I haven't successful made a zope checkout in to a workingenv itself. those are small potatoes.

More pressing is that currently to make this work, you have to hand edit bin/zopectl and bin/runzope like so::

Would there be any negative sideeffect to make this change the default in the instance skeleton?

It seems like if you've set your PYTHONPATH and start zope, you would expect that path to be available.

Anyone object to this going forward? Anyone think this is a bug that should be fixed(on older versions)?

comments, suggestions appreciated.