--On 9. Oktober 2006 12:19:22 -0400 Tim Peters <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Don't know about "should be", but it /is/ related ;-)  I had job-related
reasons before to make at least minimal ongoing efforts toward keeping the
Zope test suites happy on Windows, and that in turn meant I kept many full
checkouts of various Zopes current, at least ran the tests routinely, gave
real attention to discussions of possible Windows glitches, built Windows
installers routinely, and so on.

But I don't do anything related to web development anymore, and "bit rot"
is setting in wrt my once-encyclopedic knowledge of the umpteen quirky
build procedures for the umpteen versions of Windows Zope.  When, months
ago, someone else volunteered to take over the Zope3 Windows builds, and
actually followed up on it (yay!), I mentally resigned from these tasks.

You (ZC, ZF, the community) want someone who /uses/ Zope on Windows to
make Windows releases.  It was at best half nuts that I kept doing it
after building & testing an installer once each N weeks became my only
contact with Zope.

Thanks for your work on the windows builds in the past. We appreciate
your work very much.

I built the last couple of Zope 2.9.x release, but my access to a
Windows build environment is gone now...

Odd. I believe Tim built 2.9.4 because you could not?

I don't remember, but it's possible.  I'm still willing to build an
installer when there's no alternative, but it's long past time that was
treated as a last-ditch fallback instead of "business as usual".

I'd like to see someone taking over the responsibility for the Windows
builds for the mid-term future. We have enough smart Windows users that could step in.

Thanks in advance,