"Sidnei da Silva" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Since I'm going to be building the installer for Windows I would like
> to quickly ask if anyone expects multiple Zope installs to live
> side-by-side. The existing installer atempted that but I don't believe
> it was very successful.
>
> I would like to know if anyone has multiple Zope installations on
> Windows side-by-side and if they consider that important.

Yes and yes. Same as Martin Aspeli's reasons: testing on multiple plone
versions.

I think the main thing is to be sure that the installation doesn't add any
zope specific folders to PythonPath in the registry. The Plone installation
for example adds (or added) some folders to PythonPath which meant that
multiple plones using the same major python version would try to share
parts of the Plone installation. Not adding folders to the pythonpath
registry key allows coexistence, and there are more than enough ways to add
folders to pythonpath without using the registry.