On 11/10/06, Chris Withers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Sidnei da Silva wrote:
> Hi Christian(s)!
> I know most people dislike <Program Files>. I do too! But it's the
> closest we have to a 'standard' place for installing applications.

It's not the 'standard'. To name a few examples, all of Python, Lotus
Notes and, perhaps most tellingly, IIS and Microsoft's other server
offerings, don't install themselves in Program Files, they create their
own top level directory.

Just as a note, those are pretty 'Advanced' applications. OTOH, Zope
is too. So I buy your argument.

What's your proposal for default Installation and Instance directories?

Some more questions:

- what's the difference between a Full and Compact installation?

Good question. I just copied that over from the old installer. I will
remove it, it doesn't seem to do anything useful.

- what's the process going to be to get these releases onto zope.org?
   (I'm quite happy to do this manually if needed ;-) )

Yeah, my guess is that someone will do at least some quick QA before
uploading it. So yes, manual would be preferred.

Many thanks for your work on this, though!

Thanks for helping me in the process!

Sidnei da Silva
Fax +1 832 201 8856     Office +1 713 942 2377 Ext 214