Chris Withers wrote:
I don't know how easy this is to do, but one thing that would be _really_ nice would be to use an existing compatible python install rather than Zope splatting it's own in regardless.

-1

That's what Zope 3 does (it's a standard distutils installer). It makes it hard to install several Zope 3 versions at the same time. Or perhaps that's just because it install itself into site-packages?

Anyway, I would rather see the Zope installer to be self-contained wrt Python. In fact, I also wish that the Zope 2 and 3 installers were the same so that we'd only have to maintain and support one installation scheme. I don't particularly care about the paths. I think the politically correct destination is Program Files, though it is quite annoying for the shell due to the space.