I just made ZopeTestCase defer all loading until it's layer(essentially deferring the import of ZopeLite which is sort of a subpar way to handle things and using a registry to handle installProducts). most of what happens in zopelite itself should be the layer(rather than carefully isolating the import)

lurker, comments? from what I remember, the only issue was with the sandbox tests(for functional tests). basically in sandboxed test you need a fresh zodb for each test iirc.