Just want to make sure I'm not missing something:

1. IPluggableIndex

Products.PluginIndexes.interfaces.IPluggableIndex has this method:

    def _apply_index(request, cid=''):
        """Apply the index to query parameters given in 'request'.

Some implementations have an additional 'type' argument. Neither 'cid' nor 'type' are used anywhere in Zope core.

The Catalog calls '_apply_index' just with the 'request' argument. That's the only place where '_apply_index' is used.

Looks like 'cid' and 'type' can be safely removed from interface and implementations.

2. parseIndexRequest

The 'get' method of Products.PluginIndexes.common.util.parseIndexRequest returns the default value if the value is not true. This changes values like 0 or False to the default value.

Looks like a bug to me. But fixing this changes the behavior.

If there are no objections, I'll resolve these two issues on the Zope trunk.