Daniel Nouri-3 wrote:
> BTW, compare the difference in size between that script[1] and
> ploneout[2].  I should mention that it does less than ploneout (it
> doesn't download Zope 2, but that'd be trivial to add) and it could be
> argued that it's less flexible for some definition of flexible.  (Sorry
> for being OT here.)
> [1] http://danielnouri.org/svn/scratch/Plone/trunk/install-plone.py
> [2] http://svn.plone.org/svn/plone/ploneout/trunk/

Well, I'd say that ploneout is only this big:

There are svn:externals to the products and eggs.

There are also generic recipes for installing zope 2 and setting up a zope 2
instance and downloading tarballs for products. These are basically this

Still a bit longer than your script, but not quite so scary. :) The zope 2
install recipe is the only one that's not mostly trivial (if you consider
shell and file operations trivial). That recipe tries to give you a lot of
flexibility to control what the instance (and thus the deployed

That said, I quite like your script as an example of using workingenv from
python to set this stuff up.

Sent from the Zope - Dev mailing list archive at Nabble.com.