--On 1. Februar 2007 12:31:12 -0500 Chris McDonough <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Feb 1, 2007, at 11:59 AM, Andreas Jung wrote:

--On 1. Februar 2007 11:01:56 -0500 Chris McDonough

How many people would get indignant if I checked in a fix that
undeprecated zLOG?  Removing the API seems silly, since its just a
wrapper around the logging module now anyway.

-0. We could make zLOG available as egg or as downloadable product.

How would a user who got a zLOG import error know they needed to download
something unless we leave a stub module and the deprecation warning in
forever?  Leaving it in and undeprecating it would allow lots of old
products to work without any changes or users needing to download
anything.  This would be a win, IMO.  I'm not sure of the goal of
deprecating it in the first place.

0, for keeping zLOG for the time being...
-1, for undeprecating it. Using Python's logging module should remain
the only recommended solution. I don't want to see any new code using