On Feb 1, 2007, at 1:06 PM, Andreas Jung wrote:
How would a user who got a zLOG import error know they needed to download something unless we leave a stub module and the deprecation warning in
forever?  Leaving it in and undeprecating it would allow lots of old
products to work without any changes or users needing to download
anything.  This would be a win, IMO.  I'm not sure of the goal of
deprecating it in the first place.

0, for keeping zLOG for the time being...
-1, for undeprecating it. Using Python's logging module should remain
the only recommended solution. I don't want to see any new code using

There's a good deal of code using it that we just don't see because it's "internal-only". When the API disappears, making people revisit that code is particularly pointless; it's makework. OTOH, if the API is not going to disappear, we should just undeprecate it.

But anyway, all I can do is register my concern, you're gonna do whatever you do. ;-)

- C