--On 2. Februar 2007 22:53:50 +0100 Dieter Maurer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

There's a good deal of code using it that we just don't see because
it's "internal-only".  When the API disappears, making people revisit
that code is particularly pointless; it's makework.  OTOH, if the API
is not going to disappear, we should just undeprecate it.

But anyway, all I can do is register my concern, you're gonna do
whatever you do. ;-)

I am on your side, Chris.

But, I fear, we will not be heard...

I fight pointless deprecation warnings with global deprecation
warning deactivation -- probably not what deprecation advocates
hope for.

With the argumentation that some old code might break with deprecated
APIs you can fight almost against any kind of deprecation. We could possibly
discuss and find some rules (specific for the  Zope 2 needs) at Python
if some of you guys show up in Dallas later this month.