On Feb 3, 2007, at 2:54 AM, Andreas Jung wrote:
With the argumentation that some old code might break with deprecated
APIs you can fight almost against any kind of deprecation.

I think deprecations are good when they serve a good purpose, but IMO this specific deprecation has no benefit other than to break old code. The maintenance burden of zLOG is very small (it's only ~ 8K of code).

We could possibly
discuss and find some rules (specific for the  Zope 2 needs) at Python
if some of you guys show up in Dallas later this month.

I won't be there, unfortunately.. they rejected my talk proposal ;-)

- C