Replying to my own post,

Am 03.02.2007 um 15:14 schrieb Janko Hauser:

There are hardly "new", though, they've been around for ages and have enthusiastic users. Those users always found it hard to convince people to adopt them more widely because they were not in the standard repositories and a bit "scary"

That's clearly a point to make clear, that splitting the code or to do big refactorings needs someone with deep knowledge of the code and its dependancy into the cataloging framework.

What I wanted to express here is, that the inclusion as products is somewhat easier and more clearly defined, than to do a complete integration and restructuring of the whole index framework/code. So I propose to do this in two or more steps.

With regards,