Previously Rocky Burt wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-05-02 at 12:26 +0100, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
> > On 5 Feb 2007, at 12:22 , Martijn Faassen wrote:
> > > Another is of course who is doing the hosting. Currently we're using
> > > ZC's infrastructure for SVN. We need to shift it away from ZC's
> > > infrastructure at some point to make it easier to give other people
> > > access. ZC can say more about this, however.
> >
> > I'm sure we'd find somebody willing to host at least the subversion
> > repository. We just need to get to a point where we can say: Hey, the
> > ZF now owns Zope, who wants to host it?
> I would highly recommend we move to some sort of neutral OSS service
> that hosts projects like this (ie  I know plone is evaluating
> using some of the services at (but I don't believe SVN
> is one of them although I could be mistaken).

Plone will use svn at google for backup and load distribution purposes: is going to be synced realtime to both google and another server, both of which are accessible read-only by anyone.

We are also considering storing releases on You can see
the current Plone egg and some plone.* packages there already as a test.