Since you say changing the working environment in zope is dangerous, is there
any way around for what i need to do?

Is there a way i can find out the exact directory zope is on at that moment?
and if i can find it is it a good idea for me to place the additional files i
need to run my .jar in that directory?

Or should i just do everything in an absolute path method?

i.e when i wanna run my jar instead of using this as my "command"

java -jar ActivelearningTools.jar >> output.txt

I will do:

java -jar
/var/lib/zope2.8/instance/plone-site/Extensions/ActiveLearningTools.jar >>

Thanks in advance!