Chris Withers wrote:
> Hi All,
> Wondering if someone could tell me the difference between an OOSet and
> an OOTreeSet?
> They seem to have different interfaces and yet seem to be used in
> similar circumstances in PluginIndexes/common/
> I'm looking for a set-like data structure which will likely get pretty
> large over time and so I don't want the whole data structure written to
> disk each time I add a new item to the set.
> What should I be using?

I'll bet one is backed by a hashtable and the other is backed by an r/b
tree, meaning the Set is O(1) lookups, possibly a bit less space efficient
and non-ordered, and the TreeSet is O(logN) lookups, possibly a bit more
space efficient when the set is sparse, and sorted in key order.

Sent from the Zope - Dev mailing list archive at