[Chris Withers]
Wondering if someone could tell me the difference between an OOSet and
an OOTreeSet?

OOSet is to OOTreeSet as OOBucket is to OOBTree.  An OOTreeSet is
built out of leaf-level OOSets in exactly the same way an OOBTree is
built out of leaf-level OOBuckets.  More at:

They seem to have different interfaces

and yet seem to be used in
similar circumstances in PluginIndexes/common/UnIndex.py...

I'm looking for a set-like data structure which will likely get pretty
large over time and so I don't want the whole data structure written to
disk each time I add a new item to the set.

What should I be using?