--On 4. März 2007 13:57:23 +0100 Wichert Akkerman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I'm forwarding a message from limi here, since it makes much more sense
here than it does on plone-developers. To summarize it: while analying
performance of the Plone 3 codebase they noticed a lot of time was spent
trying to figure out which types could be added at a location. Part of
that logic uses the TypesTool _queryFactoryMethod function, which goes
through the dispatcher to get to the factory method for a type, which is
apparently very slow in Zope 2.10, and much faster in Zope 2.9.

Any idea why the code is different between 2.9 and 2.10?

They came up with http://paste.plone.org/13211 which is an imho somewhat
evil approach which introduces a thread-local cache for
App.FactoryDispatcher._product_packages. As described below the speedup
as a result of that is huge.

I would not be opposed against such a speedup patch as long as it does
not raise other problems. However I don't know App.* enough to be evaluate the patch.