According to Andreas Jung:
> I decided to retractthe latest 2.9.7 and Zope 2.10.3 releases
> for now because of this problem:
> <>
> I could confirm that "zopectl start" does not work properly.
> zdaemon spawns the second process however this one seems to go
> own immediately. Unfortunately I could not find the reason so far.
> Any help will be appreciated.

At the risk of saying something obvious...

"strace" showed, that the spawned process exits with

  raise ValueError('No REQUEST parameter in callable signature')

which is part of the "postonly(callable)" function in

Wasnt this part of the hotfix?

[EMAIL PROTECTED]                Fax: +43/1/31336/9207
Zentrum fuer Informatikdienste, Wirtschaftsuniversitaet Wien, Austria