--On 16. April 2007 22:21:33 -0700 Christopher Lozinski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> But I am not quite sure.   Anyone want to enlighten me on this matter.
I may take the liberty of calling up Jim Fulton for him to explain the
history to me.

On a related matter I think it would be great if we do a version of
ZClasses that used the new Zope 3 permissions in 5, and that worked with
the new ZODB concurrency control mechanisms.

I think you are talking to a wall. ZClasses are dead...none of the current maintainers cares about ZClasses...but we discussed that already a bunch of times. Rewrite your apps from scratch using decent technologies - either on top of Zope2/CMF or Zope 3.