Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
Wichert Akkerman wrote:
Previously whit wrote:
2 items:

1. how does everyone feel about adding the following boilerplate to all occurences of Products/ to enable the easy creation of Product eggs?

Aren't we asking people to move to using python packages instead?

Well, I certainly hope we're not asking people to rename all of their existing products because that would be a waste of time.

This change eases the deployment of existing products as eggs.

I'm -1 on requiring such changes to Products.

I think you're misunderstanding the issue at hand. Nobody's products will have to change. Zope's lib/python/Products/ will change.

exactly... and python packages don't quite work right all the time(like that wierd bug with directory views and ZEO).

------ d. whit morriss ------
- senior engineer, opencore -
-  -
- m: 415-710-8975           -