Wichert Akkerman wrote:
I wanted to share a bit of experience I just had with use of eggs in Zope2.
For a project I am working on I want to use the zope.sendmail package in
a Zope2 environment managed using buildout. I added zope.sendmail to the
eggs list in the buildout configuration and ran buildout. This pulled in
a large part of the Zope3 packages. This produced conflicts between those
packages and the ones included in Zope2 which resulted in a pretty boken
instance:

easy_install has a --no-deps option.  Maybe that's supported in buildout?

Daniel