as some of you may have noticed I worked a bit more on philikon's branch
which makes Acquisition and in return the Zope2 security machinery aware
of __parent__ pointers.

The branch can be found here:

The current state is that there's only one test failure left in Five
which concerns the Zope2 version of the TAL provider expression and the
viewlet machinery. It is a bad combination of lots of manual AQ-wrapping
and irritating __parent__ pointers and can probably be fixed by removing
most of the manual wrapping.

As I won't have much time to work on this anymore, I would encourage all
of you to take a look at the branch and help in finishing it.

What's left to do is the fun part of ripping apart Five and removing as
much Acquisition mix-in classes from it as possible. After that many
Five constructs should actually be identical to their Zope3 counterparts
and thus can be deprecated.

Anyone feels like eliminating some code?