On 20 Jun 2007, at 13:16 , Stefan H. Holek wrote:
I took my cues from how ObjectModifiedEvent is handled. I figured copied and moved should be treated the same. Also, there is this comment in OFS/subscribers.py:

# The following subscribers should really be defined in ZCML
# but we don't have enough control over subscriber ordering for
# that to work exactly right.
# (Sometimes IItem comes before IObjectManager, sometimes after,
# depending on some of Zope's classes.)
# This code can be simplified when Zope is completely rid of
# manage_afterAdd & co, then IItem wouldn't be relevant anymore and we
# could have a simple subscriber for IObjectManager that directly calls
# dispatchToSublocations.

Thanks, that explains it. I was just looking at the patch, not the whole module.