On 12 Aug 2007, at 21:45 , Tino Wildenhain wrote:
Maybe I missed the thread but why was LP choosen over for example Trac?

Because we don't have to maintain it or host it. I don't think we have the amount of volunteers (feel free to convince me otherwise :)).

The latter would at least work very well with the SVN repository

I'm not sure how far along Trac's multi-project/single-repository integration is. As far as I'm aware, however, Trac would poorly fit our repository structure.

That's not to say I don't like Trac. I've used it and I like it. Plone seems to be able to use it quite well, but they also have people worrying about it and maintaining it constantly.