It seems like ZServer/medusa/ is responsible for logging
requests to the access log/Z2.log and it only extracts the user from the
HTTP basic auth header.

I'd like to have the Z2.log reflect my PAS users so I started a branch at that
hacks some request data.  You can see the meat of it in the following

I'm sure this is just about the worst way to do this.  :)  I just wanted
to get the discussion started.

I suspect that ZServer/medusa/ is only invoved for certain
Zope setups and that other Zope setups (twisted, etc.?) might log

So what would be a better way to approach this?  Does anyone else have a
solution to this problem?