Sidnei da Silva wrote:
Hi there,

Not sure this is the right list, but let's give it a try.

I would like to use the 'patches' functionality from zc.recipe.cmmi
together with other recipes. I believe this is useful functionality
and is interesting to all sorts of recipes, not only to cmmi-based

So the question is, does the zc.buildout architecture support reusing
options from a recipe on other recipes? Or would it require the recipe
writer to explicitly 'subclass' (?) cmmi to get patch functionality?
Or even, would a 'post-fetch'/'pre-build' generalization be desired,
'patch' being one such application?

I've seen subclassing, or explicit instantiation, e.g. instantiate the dependent recipe class as an instance variable and just call its methods. I don't think you really need any magic from buildout here. Recipes are pretty simple Python classes. Just make sure you pass the options etc from and you should be fine.

I think plone.recipe.plone uses plone.recipe.distro and plone.recipe.egg in various ways. You may want to look at that.

Acquisition is a jealous mistress