If you mean sane in the sense of setuptools-compatible, I've actually repackaged PIL to use setuptools here:

http://dist.repoze.org/PIL-1.1.6.tar.gz

On Oct 19, 2007, at 5:17 PM, Jim Fulton wrote:

On Oct 19, 2007, at 5:07 PM, Jeff Kowalczyk wrote:

Would someone be willing to add the PILwoTk-1.1.6.3(-py2.4-linux- i686).egg
to PyPI?

Binaries, except for Windows, should never never be uploaded to PyPI (or download.zope.org). There are just too many variables to building binaries.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton
Zope Corporation