--On 20. Oktober 2007 11:20:09 +0200 Hanno Schlichting <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi.

Christian Theune wrote:
Cool,

Am Dienstag, den 16.10.2007, 17:16 -0400 schrieb Hanno Schlichting:
Log message for revision 80896:
  Added LAZY_FILE_LOADING constant to PageTemplateFile. When set to
  True Page Template files aren't lo aded and parsed on Zope startup
  anymore, but on first access instead. When complex add-ons like Plon
  e are installed this can safe up to 30% of the Zope startup time.
  This gets a ZConfig switch ones I  figured out how to write one ;)

Modified:
Zope/trunk/lib/python/Products/PageTemplates/PageTemplateFile.py
=================================================================== ---
Zope/trunk/lib/python/Products/PageTemplates/PageTemplateFile.py
        2007-10-16 20:12:30 UTC (rev 80895) +++
Zope/trunk/lib/python/Products/PageTemplates/PageTemplateFile.py
        2007-10-16 21:16:07 UTC (rev 80896) @@ -31,6 +31,8 @@

 LOG = getLogger('PageTemplateFile')

+LAZY_FILE_LOADING = False
+
 def guess_type(filename, text):

Hmm. Maybe an option that can actually be configured would be better?
What about adding an option to zope.conf?

And why don't we enable it by default? At least for debug mode?

After looking at this again, I realized that the zope.pagetemplates
version does not load the file content on __init__ at all.

I would suggest to change the Products.PageTemplates version in the same
way, making lazy loading the default, without any configurable option.

Thoughts?

I would say: go ahead.

Andreas