Andreas Jung wrote:

--On 27. Oktober 2007 18:01:25 -0400 Tres Seaver <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

  >>> DateTime('2006-01-01')._tz
  'US/Eastern'

Yeah, that's completely odd.

But standards compliant. The previous behaviour was contrary to the specification. According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8601

"If no time zone information is given with a time, the time zone is assumed to be in some conventional local time zone."

I strongly disagreed with the argument for that change
(http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope/2109), because it broke the
semantics of the class, based on long-established use in Zope:  datetime
strings which used ISO notation, but provided no explicit timezone, were
assigned 'GMT+0' as the timezone.

Totally agreed.

However if we must preserve this bug for backwards compatibility then we must. (This bugfix would not change the interpretation of existing pickles).

(http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope/2109),

Is this right issue? The URL redirection to LP points me to this:

<https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope2/+bug/143701>

The trunk should be reverted to preserve the old behavior, which may be
relied on by third-party applications.

Jup, either revert the change or fix it.

Andreas

'Fixed' in r81213.

Laurence