On Saturday 10 November 2007, Lennart Regebro wrote:
> On Nov 10, 2007 12:52 PM, Stephan Richter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > While I personally do not think that this is a good idea, I am open to
> > the suggestion to fix the KGS versions for a particular Zope 3.4 release.
> > For example, instead of having just a versions.cfg, we can expand the
> > scripts to also produce release versions, such as "versions-3.4.0b2.cfg",
> > which would never change.
> Hmmm. Could the versions.cfg be checked into the svn? That way we
> would automatically have both fixed versions on the tags, and versions
> on the branches...
> Or maybe this makes no sense in the light of the scripts you are using.

Right, I am already correctly branching the zope.release package. It contains
the controlled-packages.cfg. Using the scripts in zope.release, it is trivial
to render versions.cfg; I mean as in: ./bin/generate-versions

I have not created a tag for Zope 3.4.0b2, because I was not thinking of the
KGS to function on the specific release level, but on the major release
level. However, in light of the recent discussion, I think tagging
zope.release is a good thing and I will do this from now on.

Stephan Richter