On Nov 14, 2007, at 8:38 AM, Chris McDonough wrote:

On Nov 14, 2007, at 6:05 AM, Stephan Richter wrote:

On Wednesday 14 November 2007, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
  - Figure out why buildout can (apparently) qsuccesfully install
dependencies of currently failing zope.* eggs while easy_install
    can't.  I probably won't be able to do this.

Because most buildouts specifically point to download.zope.org using
find-links (so that way the necessary egg that's missing from PyPI is
found), or they pin down the version of zope.traversing.

They don't anymore. I removed the find-links in all the packages I touched while creating Zope 3.4.0b2, because distribution contains so many non-ready packages and would have overridden several of the KGS package versions.

So what makes this stuff work via buildout is all version-pinning now?

They aren't using the cheeseshop. They are using the KGS instead.

Jim Fulton
Zope Corporation