Jim Fulton wrote at 2007-11-15 10:28 -0500:
>Agreed. I'll note that there is a school of thought that I proposed
>but am somewhat ambivalent about that anything required by tests
>should also be required by install. This is in accordance with "fly
>what you test, test what you fly."  To the degree that we do this,
>then there is no need for tests_require.

"AdvancedQuery" is a counter example to that.

  "AdvancedQuery" is willing to be used with almost all indexes.
  Thus, "install_requires" should not require any special indexes.

  But, "AdvancedQuery" can better work with "Managable Indexes"
  and, then, provides more features.
  Therefore, its test suite uses "Managable Index" and examines
  the "more freatures".