On Nov 14, 2007, at 8:23 AM, Chris McDonough wrote:

Attempting to easy_install all 'zope'-related releases using the script at http://svn.repoze.org/playground/trunk/chris/ zopesvnchecker/releasechecker.py , the results were:

122 failures, 67 successes.

I guess most of these can be fixed by unscrewing the zope.traversing problem. Has anyone done that? Is anyone going to? :) If not, I will just cause I'm tired of reading about it. :(

Some of these errors are spurious. For example, ZODB4 shows up as a failure even though there are no distributions. I think the test script needs to check for this case.

I also think you should not list as failures anything that failes due to a gcc error. Often this will be due to the absense of libraries (e.g. spread).

See http://www.plope.com/static/misc/rcresults-2007-11-14.txt for details.

I'd really like to see the broken packages get fixed or removed from the cheesehop. Until we can get this cleaned up, as an interim measure, I suggest we hide the broken packages. They'll still be available as download. It will be interesting to see where we stand after the above problems are fixed.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton
Zope Corporation