On Friday 16 November 2007, Jim Fulton wrote:
> Something is broken here and it needs to be fixed.

Well, the easiest solution would be to remove those misbehaving distributions
from the cheeseshop.

However, I think we kid ourselves if we think that the cheeseshop will always
provide a stable set by default. This would be like saying that all packages
from all versions of one Linux distribution are in one repository and nothing
will break.

I can even think of a trivial example. Let's say package A works only with
Python 2.x and package B works only with Python 3.0a. The supported Python
versions are not part of the meta-data of a package. As a naive user, I want
to use both, but can't.

Since I do not have time to think of another example involving only Python 2.x
right now, I leave it as an exercise to the reader to think of one. ;-) (Oh,
did I hate those sentences in my Physics texts!)

Stephan Richter