On 19 Nov 2007, at 20:26 , Chris Withers wrote:
So, I'm guessing RestrictedPython is the one to aim for?
No idea what you need...

It seems like zope.security does exactly what you need (e.g. user code shouldn't have to import anything as long as you pass proxied objects). <shameless plug> My book's chapter 21 does a complete walk- through of the zope.security system.</shamesless plug>

Out of interest, if all non-standard objects (ie: content) are wrapped in security proxies, do getattr and setattr still need to be overridden?