On 28 Nov 2007, at 11:45 , Sebastian Wehrmann wrote:
Can you round up a test that demonstrates how the current implementation fails to cover your case and how your suggestion change fixes that?
While trying to write a test it turned out, that it's not a problem in Five but in the interaction between Plone3 and Zope2/Five.

The problem we tried to solve was: We have a structure of Plone content objects. We wanted to access a particular one in a view which can be called anywhere. Therefore we registered this content object as an utility. It turned out, that this utility does not have a request after fetching it in our view with getUtility(). The request is needed to get an absolute URL of our content object.

This is what I don't understand: why should content objects have access to the request? I understand that the request is needed in order to compute the absolute URL, but the IAbsoluteURL adapter is a *multi*-adapter for (context, request). So it will always receive the request explicitly in its constructor. This pattern is the foundation of separating content from presentation: the content object is request- unaware, the adapters and views around it are request-aware.