sorry, meant to CC [EMAIL PROTECTED], not

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
Tres Seaver wrote:
Martijn Faassen wrote:

On Nov 28, 2007 12:16 AM, Martijn Jacobs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
We could also consider putting them in some kind
 of collective-like SVN repository so that people can
make changes when they need to.
I think this is a great idea as it works with the Plone collective this
way as well.
Just to make it utterly clear: this stuff won't happen by itself. We
need a bunch of self-driven volunteers to do this work: look up
the relevant codebases, contact their authors, check them into a SVN
if they look orphaned (if they aren't of course don't fork them!) and
make an index page describing what is going on. This can be done
independently from, and should later become part of the website.

You will need a SVN repository somewhere. could be used
if you have committer access, but it would
be somewhat restricted as GPL-ed products can't be placed in there.
Anyway, all these questions I'm thinking of now someone else should
take the lead on, as it won't be me. :)

For clarity, nobody but a ZC employee (at present) is supposed to be
checking in any code with any license other than the ZPL;  in the
future, such a checkin will need to be approved by some agent / organ of
the Zope Foundation.

It's actually even more restrictive than that: If I read paragraph 5 of the contributor agreement [1] right, then whoever checks things in must have the intellectual property over the code, otherwise s/he would not be able to donate half of it to ZC. So effectively you can't check in somebody else's code, even if it's covered by the ZPL.