Dieter Maurer wrote at 2007-12-7 19:53 +0100:
>Stephan Richter wrote at 2007-12-5 17:47 -0500:
>> ...  requiring killing long running request processing ...

After a little more thoughts, I think that the most promissing
and efficient way would be to let requests be handled
by a persistent ZEO client activated from "mod_python" (or
a similar technique). This would mean that the request
is effectively handled by an Apache child process and this
process could be killed if necessary.

About 6 months to 1 year ago, I have read reports about
experiments on using Zope directly from "mod_python" in the Zope mailing list.

--
Dieter