--On 18. Dezember 2007 13:26:07 +1100 James Purser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I'm pretty sure this issue has been discussed before (searching for
DateTime brings up a lot of hits). However I would like to point to a
potential fix for the problem of Zope's DateTime library not being able
to tell the difference between US/Eastern and Aus/East.

At the end of the bug I've linked to above, I've submitted a patch that
appears to have fixed the issue on my two zope installs without having
to hack up the tznames in anyway.

Sorry but this patch is poor (the "if False" clause makes no sense) and it
does not have tests.