--On 18. Dezember 2007 15:46:06 +1100 James Purser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Tue, 2007-12-18 at 05:32 +0100, Andreas Jung wrote:

Sorry but this patch is poor (the "if False" clause makes no sense) and
it does not have tests.

No worries, I'm new to Python in general so I'm going to accept any
corrections. However I believe that that is the section that is causing
the issues, and if Falsing it hasn't produced any noticable bugs,
problems with the system.

I am more than willing to look at creating a patch that conforms if
people indicate that the general approach (removing the assignment) is

It needs a unittest in the first place. Untested code or untested patches are not acceptable for people applying patches if one can not determine what problem a particular patch is solving.