--On 18. Dezember 2007 15:46:06 +1100 James Purser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Tue, 2007-12-18 at 05:32 +0100, Andreas Jung wrote:

Sorry but this patch is poor (the "if False" clause makes no sense) and
it does not have tests.

-aj

No worries, I'm new to Python in general so I'm going to accept any
corrections. However I believe that that is the section that is causing
the issues, and if Falsing it hasn't produced any noticable bugs,
problems with the system.

I am more than willing to look at creating a patch that conforms if
people indicate that the general approach (removing the assignment) is
acceptable.

It needs a unittest in the first place. Untested code or untested patches are not acceptable for people applying patches if one can not determine what problem a particular patch is solving.

-aj