On Thu, Dec 20, 2007 at 01:27:37PM +0100, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> zope.sendmail is missing changelog entries for the last two releases. As
> far as I can tell from the checkins list (which isn't always accurate),
> these people have last worked on zope.sendmail:
>
> * Marius Gedminas

I've checked svn log, and I see these commits of mine:

  76463 -- Bugfix: Don't keep open files around for every email message
  to be sent on transaction commit.  People who try to send many emails
  in a single transaction now will not run out of file descriptors.

  (This bug was reported on the mailing list, but I don't think it was
  added to the bug tracker, or at least I cannot find it).

  81092, 81093, 81097 -- Added the README.txt.

How can I map revision numbers to the releases?  If I can assume that
the revision numbers listed in http://svn.zope.org/zope.sendmail/tags/
indicate which trunk revisions went into which releases, then

  76463 went into 3.4.0 final

  81092--81097 went into 3.5.0b1

Hey, I can compare commit dates with release dates in the CHANGES.txt
file.  Duh.

> It would be cool if they and potentially other contributors who worked on
> zope.sendmail recently would update the changelog. Note that it's in
> README.txt, which was ok by the "old" rules. Nowadays a separate
> CHANGES.txt file seems to be preferred.

Will do.

Done.

Marius Gedminas
--
The rest of the world will have to be educated by Microsoft's paperclip
or the DancingGnu (a still to be written Emacs AI tutor for beginning