Martin Aspeli wrote:
> Martijn Faassen wrote:
>> Martin Aspeli wrote:
>>> Martijn Faassen wrote:
>> [snip]
>>> I thought it was ... we have five.customerize and then
>>> plone.app.customerize for the Plone-specific stuff. I'm not intimately
>>> familiar with the code, but you may want to check in with witsch,
>>> philiKON and alecm who are.
>> The current release definitely has dependencies on Plone. Zope doesn't
>> even start as it tries to import from Plone. I already talked to
>> philiKON and he didn't know. I'm assuming witsch or alecm are subscribed
>> to this list so I'll wait for their answer.
> I just had a look. The only Plone import I can see is "from
> plone.portlets"; now, the plone.portlets package is technically not
> Plone-specific (it's not in the plone.app.* namespace - I even know of
> people who've used it with Grok!). In this case, we support
> customerization of plone.portlets renderers (which are a bit like viewlets).
> That said, I suppose this should be either a conditional import or moved
> to a higher level altogether.

- -1 to the conditional import;  + 1 to moving the code.

>> It seems to me it's also in the best interest of the Plone developers to
>> have this cleaned up, right?
> Yeah. The idea is for five.customerize to be generic and
> plone.app.customerize to be specific UI for Plone.

We need to avoid such dependencies altogether:  code which uses
'plone.portlets' should *not* be present in five:customerize.  Support
for that logically belongs in 'plone.portlets' itself, or some other
code which already has that package as a dependency.

- --
Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)