Leonardo Rochael schrieb:
I should've been clearer, I meant reading and writing at the same time from
2 different file handles.
NamedTemporaryFile has the added complication of removing the file from
under 'blob' when it's closed, so even if I don't try to open the blob after
consuming the file, the file disappears after the request is gone, and the
transaction subsequently fails when trying to rename the consumed file to
it's final location.

I also tried win32file.CreateHardLink() but if a file is open by one
hard-link, renaming the other hard-link fails, so we're stuck with copying
files wholesale on Windows, or closing the FileUpload object and letting
subsequent uses of it fail.

Hmm. The Python docs already mention this problem for Windows. To avoid copying, we'd have to adjust the publisher not to use a NamedTemporaryFile, but actually use a regular temporary file that gets deleted when the publisher decides to.

gocept gmbh & co. kg - forsterstrasse 29 - 06112 halle (saale) - germany