Tom Hoffman wrote:
On Fri, Feb 1, 2008 at 9:22 AM, Chris McDonough <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I'll take a risk by stating the obvious.

 If there will continue to be a release schedule for "Zope 3, the appserver" It
 would reduce confusion to new users greatly to give the appserver release a
 other than Zope.

 Current name              Proposed name
 ------------              -------------
 "Zope2"                -> Zope
 "Zope3, the libraries" -> Zope libraries
 "Zope3 the appserver"  -> Frobnozz

Isn't this release sort of the last of its kind, though?  Kind of a
weird time for a name change

I've heard that rumored, but there's nothing indicating that in the release announcement. There are forward looking statements in there: "tarballs... for the last 3.4 series and probably for 3.5 as well." I take this to mean that there's an intention to have a 3.5, 3.6, 3.7 release, etc, but past 3.5, the release won't be packaged as a tarball. If this is the case, even if it's just for 3.5, it would sure help reduce confusion to give this "release of packages" (even if it's just a buildout and the KGS for that release) a name other than "Zope".

Or if not, it would seem like there would be a better argument for the
new approach having a new name than the old one.

I'm not sure which is "the new approach" and which is the "old one"?

- C