On Feb 3, 2008, at 3:35 AM, Kevin Teague wrote:

I wanted to try using the snowsprint-viewlets2 branch of grok in my project the other day. It took me a little time to figure out how to do this, so I thought it'd be nice if there was a bit of documentation on how-to pull in a development version of Grok into a grok project, so I wrote this:

http://grok.zope.org/documentation/how-to/trail-blazing

I couldn't access this page.

The easiest way to use grok trunk/branch is to use svn:externals and change
a few lines in buildout.cfg

[buildout]
develop = . src/grok src/grok/martian

[versions]
martian =

and put this in svn:externals for src/
grok svn://svn.zope.org/repos/main/grok/branches/snowsprint-viewlets2

Anyways, I hope I don't sound too complain-y, but it would be much appreciated if the terminology and plan for maintaining the Zope 3.4 release series was made a bit clearer. And it would also be really nice if the Grok terminology and release methods lined up with the Zope 3 terminology and release methods :)

Grok should use KGS. Someone just needs to do the work.

/Tim