On Feb 3, 2008, at 10:50 AM, Tim TerlegÄrd wrote:

On Feb 3, 2008, at 3:35 AM, Kevin Teague wrote:

I wanted to try using the snowsprint-viewlets2 branch of grok in my project the other day. It took me a little time to figure out how to do this, so I thought it'd be nice if there was a bit of documentation on how-to pull in a development version of Grok into a grok project, so I wrote this:

I couldn't access this page.

You should be able to see the page if you log-in? It's not published because I wanted to get the terminology straight first.

I may also re-work the text a bit. At first I was just going to do a very short "How-to develop from a trunk/branch" thing and I marked the Audience field as "Advanced Developer" but then I ended up writting a bit more about eggs and buildout in general, since I think we could use a better explanation of *why* eggs and buildout were developed (and why they are so cool). Otherwise when comparing Zope 3/Grok with other frameworks at first glance it seems like there is just a whole bunch of extra complexity and you don't really understand the benefits until you've spend a fair bit of time learning and working with the tool.

I did get Viewlets working in my Grok project, good stuff :)