Aaron Lehmann schrieb:

What if people are relying on those error messages to do different things?
Possibly they already have normalization code they expect to come into play in this situation, which is different than yours

I see that people might be doing that, however, it seems like a bad idea to code that way. ;)

On the other hand, having to do this seems annoying, so as someone writing new code I'd consider your proposed patch a feature, rather than a bugfix.

I'd be happy to declare it a feature, but I consider the existing state to not be ideal and thus it should be changed.

gocept gmbh & co. kg - forsterstrasse 29 - 06112 halle (saale) - germany