Hi,

the standard name chooser makes sure that the character '+', '@' are not used in the beginning of a name and '/' is never used.

When asking the name chooser to choose a name for me, I thought it would normalize those characters away, giving me a usable name.

Reading the interface, there is a distiction between checking a name (and giving an error) and choosing a name (create one, maybe with a given name to start from) that is valid.

I'd consider this to be a bug and change the name chooser accordingly.

What do people think?

Christian

--
gocept gmbh & co. kg - forsterstrasse 29 - 06112 halle (saale) - germany