--On 22. Februar 2008 18:34:14 +0100 Jens Vagelpohl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Feb 22, 2008, at 17:52 , Andreas Jung wrote:

I (and some co-workers) encountered lately issues with traversal
when running scripts using "zopectl run" from the command line. The
code fore views apparently expects always the existence of a REQUEST.
What's the best approach to fix this issue in the traversal machinery?

Is your use case not covered by creating a "fake" request using
Testing.makerequest.makerequest, like so:

if __name__ == "__main__":
     from Testing.makerequest import makerequest
     app = makerequest(app)
     <do stuff>

Thanks for the workaround. I think the issue is way of a BBB foul.
Traversal did work in the past without having a REQUEST and it should
behave in the same way.